Edmund Rice Education
In ministry begun by Jesus and inspired by the vision of Blessed Edmund Rice, a Christian Brother education:
Evangelizes youth within the mission of the Church.
- A Christian Brother education proclaims the Good News of Jesus Christ.
- The Gospel message of Jesus permeates the curriculum, the activities, and all other aspects of a Christian Brother education.
Proclaims and witnesses to its Catholic identity.
- A Christian Brother education gives priority to religious formation through formal religious instruction and through opportunities for faith development and service by means of liturgies, retreats, vocation awareness, daily prayer, and other programs.
- A Christian Brother education joins in the sacramental life of the Church, witnesses faith life through the prominent use of signs and symbols, fosters devotion to Mary, and is in union with the Church through commitment to service and formation of community.
- Catholic identity permeates all endeavors of Christian Brother education: all classes and activities, procedures and policies, services and programs.
- All staff involved in Christian Brother education give daily witness to their integral role in the community’s faith formation.
Stands in solidarity with those marginalized by poverty and injustice.
- The policies, the structures, and the climate of a Christian Brother education witness and promote concern for the disadvantaged.
- A Christian Brother education includes advocacy and education for peace and justice, care for the earth, and global awareness. It prepares students to work toward the creation of a just society.
- A Christian Brother education actively encourages ministries that work with and for the poor and marginalized.
- Education and support for mission areas at home and abroad characterize Christian Brother education.
- A Christian Brother education establishes tuition and scholarship policies that open its education to the poor.
Fosters and invigorates a community of faith.
- Christian Brother education witness and celebrates Gospel values.
- A Christian Brother education provides a disciplined, safe atmosphere in which students are free to grow and take responsibility for their own learning and for the life of the community.
- Caring, compassionate relationships characterize a Christian Brother educational community.
Celebrates the value and dignity of each person and nurtures the development of the whole person.
- A Christian Brother education values the diversity of the human family and seeks to reflect local diversity in its student population and professional staff.
- Strong programs of personal, professional, and pastoral care are integral to a Christian Brother education.
- A Christian Brother education values co-curricular activities, special events, and other programs that are important to students’ complete education.
- A Christian Brother education strives to provide just remuneration for its staff.
Calls for collaboration and shared responsibility in its mission.
- Christian Brother education empowers all members of the community to share responsibility in the shaping of its mission.
- A Christian Brother Education collaborates with parents, the primary educators.
- A Christian Brother education fosters collaboration on local, regional, and international levels to address common concerns and to celebrate a common heritage.
- A Christian Brother education encourages a deeper understanding and living of charism of Blessed Edmund.
- A Christian Brother Education promotes active participation in governance by boards and diocesan officials.
Pursues excellence in all its endeavors.
- Strong academic curriculum, high expectations, and a quest for excellence characterize a Christian Brother education.
- A Christian Brother education develops a curriculum that promotes the harmonious growth of the whole person, fosters the development of higher-order thinking, and prepares its students for life-long learning.