Thank you for your interest in joining our school community for the 2023-2024 school year. Our online application process makes it easier to gather important information and documentation essential in determining your child’s admission to St. Thomas More Collegiate.
Open House: Tuesday, Jan 10, 2023 @ 6:00 p.m.
Application deadline: Monday, January 16, 2023
2023-2024 Application Process
St. Thomas More Collegiate is looking for students and families who are able to help further the aims of the Essential Elements of an Edmund Rice Christian Brother Education – students and families who will positively contribute to our school and the STMC community. If you think you have the Knight Stuff, we invite you to apply to become a part of something special!
We are now accepting applications for students entering Grades 8-12 for the 2023-2024 school year. STMC will be extending offers of admission to approximately 150 new Grade 8 students for the fall of 2022. The “Class of 2028” will be our 64th class of incoming Knights.
We typically have a few spaces available in Grade 9-12 each year. The total number of spaces varies annually. Offers of admission for Grades 9-12 placements will take place following our re-registration process for current students in early spring 2023.
View our ‘Application To STMC Video Guide’ – Opens in a new tab.
How to Apply
|Step 1||Navigate to the STMC Pre-Application site:
CLICK ON THIS LINK TO OPEN THE STMC PRE-APPLICATION SITE
|Step 2||Assemble the required documentation as outlined in the Document Checklist below. The online application system allows you to upload documents in either PDF or JPG formats.|
|Step 3||Once your pre-application has been approved, you will receive an email with details on completion of your full application, including a link to this guide: Completing Your STMC Full Application|
|Step 4||Set-up your family account on our STMC PowerSchool System. Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to provide full details on the prospective student, and upload all supporting documents.
Please contact the School Registrar at 604-521-1801 x2100 for further information or assistance regarding a new application
|Step 5||Attend the Open House (Tuesday Jan 10, 2023)|
|Step 6||Families who are new to the STMC Community may be asked to participate in a meeting as part of their application process.|
Required Documentation Checklist (As Applicable)
Application Information Form
☑ Student Information
☑ Family Information
☑ Medical Information
Citizenship Documentation Form
☑ Applicant’s birth certificate
☑ Applicants who are:
- Canadian Citizens
- applicant’s birth certificate or citizenship certificate
- Permanent Residents
- applicant’s permanent resident card or record of landing
- Foreign Nationals
- applicant’s passport pages clearly showing the passport number, dates of issue and expiry, name and date of birth. If presently in Canada, also include the stamp made by Canadian authorities of your child’s most recent entry into Canada PLUS their most current immigration document.
Faith Documentation Form
☑ Applicants who are:
- Baptismal Certificate
- Letter of Support from Parish Priest (Click Here To Download Form A)
NOTE: Students currently attending Grade 7 (i) at Our Lady of Mercy, St. Francis de Sales, or St. Michael’s, or (ii) who are registered in one of the following parishes – Our Lady of Mercy, St. Francis de Sales, or St. Michael’s DO NOT require a Letter of Support from their Parish Priest
- non-Catholic applicants:
- Letter of Support from Worship Leader if applicable (Click Here To Download Form A)
Recommended Documentation Form
☑ Reference letters from current or former teachers
☑ Reference letters from athletic coaches, arts instructors, club leaders, volunteer leaders, alumni of St. Thomas More Collegiate, or parents of present St. Thomas More Collegiate students.
☑ Relevant medical information
☑ Individual Education Plans (IEP) and/or Case Management Plans (CMP)
☑ For applicants of First Nations heritage, details of Band Name and Ministry Band Code.
☑ Applicant’s most recent Report Cards (June 2022 & December 2022)
☑ Recent Photo (School Photo is preferred)
☑ Students’ Personal Response:
This year, students are required to upload and submit a 250-500 word personal response to ONE of the following questions:
- At St. Thomas More Collegiate, we value the tenets of servant-leadership. Servant-leadership asks that individuals put others before themselves, lead by example, help others grow, and stand in solidarity with those marginalized and oppressed by injustice. In 250-500 words, discuss what servant-leadership means to you, how you have acted as a servant-leader either at school or in your community, and how you plan to act as a servant-leader at St. Thomas More Collegiate.
- At St. Thomas More Collegiate, the Knights’ Cross is an illustration of STMC’s holistic approach to faith based teaching and learning. The points of the cross depict the interaction between the development of mind, body and spirit and the call to serve. The cross shows that our students can swing between areas of focus while representing the connections between each arm of the cross. In 250-500 words, describe how parts of the Knights’ Cross have helped shape you as an individual and how you plan to live the Knights’ Cross at St. Thomas More Collegiate.
For more information on applying for admission to St. Thomas More Collegiate, please contact our Registrar:
STMC payment services are securely provided by Moneris Canada.