STMC is an open boundary Affiliate Independent Catholic High School within the RCAV and, therefore, has no identified schools with official feeder status. STMC accepts students from throughout the Metro Vancouver area. No applicant – regardless of category or historical connection to our school – should consider themselves an automatic entry into STMC.
While primary consideration is given to specific categories of applicants, admission offers are extended to all applicants based on the quality and strength of their application package, as well as the candidate’s and their family’s overall merits as prospective Knights.
the St. Thomas More Collegiate Admission Policy gives primary consideration to acceptance of applications as follows:
- Completed Application Packages*. Incomplete applications packages will not be considered.
- Students in good standing** who are active citizens within their current school and community that are either siblings of St. Thomas More Collegiate students and/or children of St. Thomas More Collegiate alumni or Marian High School alumnae.
- Catholic students*** in good standing who are active citizens within their current school and community who attend one of the three CISVA elementary schools within the Deanery where STMC is located – Our Lady of Mercy, St. Francis de Sales and St. Michael’s Elementary.
- Catholic students in good standing who are active citizens within their current school and community from the five parishes within the Deanery where STMC is located (those parishes listed above plus+ St. Peter’s and Holy Spirit) who – along with their application package – submit a supporting letter from their respective pastor confirming active membership in their parish.
- Catholic students in good standing who are active citizens within their current school and community from all other schools (CISVA, Independent, or Public).
- Non-Catholic students in good standing who are active citizens within their current school and community from either Our Lady of Mercy, St. Francis de Sales or St. Michael’s Elementary, or, from any other schools (CISVA, Independent, or Public).
* Please ensure that you are familiar with all of the REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION that must be included in your application [Application Checklist LINK].
**Students in good standing are students who “Fully Meet” or “Exceed” expectations in work habit, attitude, and relationships with their teachers and their peers. These students are also on a clear track to successfully complete all Grade 7 CORE Learning Objectives.
*** To be classified as a Catholic student, the student and family must be registered and active within their parish (as determined by the parish priest).
Grade 8 Offers of Admission typically go out two weeks after the Application Deadline.