Administration considers all applications and exercises admissions decisions for the common good of the St. Thomas More Collegiate community.
the St. Thomas More Collegiate Admission Policy gives preference to acceptance of applicants as follows:
- Siblings of St. Thomas More Collegiate students and children of St. Thomas More Collegiate and Marian High School alumni
- Catholic students in good standing* at the three feeder elementary schools – Our Lady of Mercy, St. Francis de Sales and St. Michael’s
- Catholic students from the five feeder parishes (those listed above plus St. Peter’s and Holy Spirit) with a letter from the pastor confirming active membership in the parish
- Catholic students from non-feeder schools
- Non-Catholic students from either feeder or non-feeder schools
*To be classified as Catholic student, the student and family must be active and practicing Catholics within their parish as determined by the parish priest
Admissions notification for incoming Grade 8 students will take place the week following the writing of the Placement Exam.
Acceptance into Grades 9 -12 is at the discretion of the Administration.
Admissions notification for students in Grades 9 – 12 will not take place until after the current student re-registration process in March.